Manchow soup is a soup popular in Indian Chinese cuisine due to its ease of preparation and hot spicy taste.
- Cabbage chopped 1/4 small
- Carrot chopped 1 medium
- Button mushrooms 2-3
- Chinese black mushrooms soaked 2-3
- Green capsicum 1/2 medium
- Spring onion 1
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Ginger 1/2 inch piece
- Garlic chopped 2-3 cloves
- Bamboo shoots 2 inches(you can avoid it)
- Vegetable stock 4 cups
- Green chillies 2
- Red chilli sauce 1/2 tablespoon
- Soy sauce 2 tablespoons
- Tofu 50 grams
- Cornflour/ corn starch 3 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Noodles deep fried 1 cup(You can also add 1 cup boiled macaroni to it
- Slice spring onion. Heat oil in a non stick wok. Slice button mushrooms. Add spring onions to the oil in the wok along with ginger and garlic and toss.
- Add carrot, cabbage and mushrooms. Chop Chinese mushrooms roughly and add to the wok.
- Chop bamboo shoot into small pieces. Add 4 cups stock and green chillies to the wok.Add red chilli sauce and soy sauce and mix.
- Cut tofu into ½ inch cubes and add to the soup. Mix cornflour with ¼ cup water and add to the soup and cook till it thickens.
- Add salt and mix.Chop capsicum, reserve some for garnish and add the rest to the soup and mix well( you should add macroni at same time if you are willing to do so).
- Serve the soup hot garnished with crisp noodles and capsicum.