Indians love mangoes so why miss out on fresh Raw Mangoes available in market.
Why not do something else from it apart from making Aam Panna and Chutney.
For Cooking Rice
- 1.5 cup Rice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp oil
- Approx 2.5 cup water
For Raw Mango Paste
- ½ cup grated Coconut
- 1.5 cups peeled & chopped Raw Mangoes
- 3 to 4 Dry Red Chilies, broken and deseeded
- 1 chopped Green Chili
- 1 tsp White Sesame Seeds
- 2 tsp Peanuts
- 1 tsp Jaggery(optional) (to balance sourness of mangoes)
Other required Ingredients
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- 1 or 2 Dry Red Chilies, broken and deseeded
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Yellow Split Peas (chana dal) (optional)
- 1 tsp Black Gram Lentil (urad dal) (optional)
- 3 to 4 tbsp Peanuts
- a pinch of Asafoetida
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- Salt as required
- Cook Rice by adding salt and oil.
- And cool down rice to room temperature.
For Raw Mango Paste
- In a Grinder Jar, add the chopped Mangoes along with Dry Red chilies (broken and deseeded), Green chili (chopped), White Sesame seeds, Peanuts, cup grated Coconut and powdered or grated jaggery. if you don’t have dry Red Chilies then add 2-3 Green Chilies
- Without adding any water, grind to a semi fine paste. don’t make fine paste. keep aside.
- In a pan, add Oil and add Peanuts.
- On a low flame, saute the peanuts till they change color.
- Then bring them to the side of the pan and add Mustard Seeds. Let the Mustard Seeds crackle. You can also Yellow Split Peas (chana dal) and Black Gram Lentil (urad dal) at this step. Allow them to turn golden.
- When the mustard seeds crackle Curry Leaves and Red Chili. stir and saute till the Red Chilies change colour.
- Then add a pinch of Asafoetida, Turmeric Powder. stir well.
- Now add the ground Raw Mango paste.
- Stir and saute for 3 to 4 minutes. then season with Salt.
- Stir very well again. Remove from the stove top and keep aside .
- To the cooked Rice add Raw Mango Paste and gently mix. Serve hot with masala papad.