A simple spicy Indo-Chinese stir fired cottage cheese recipe which goes well with stir fried noodles or rice.It’s always on my to-do list whenever I make Schezwan Sauce at home.
- 4 Tbsp Schezwan Sauce
- 200 gms Cottage Cheese (Paneer)
- 5-6 Tbsp Cornflour
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1 medium Capsicum, diced
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup Water
- Dust Cottage Cheese in 2-3 Tbsp Cornflour and deep fry. Keep aside on napkin to drain excess oil.
- Heat 2 Tbsp Oil in a pan and stir fry Garlic, Onion and Capasicum on medium flame for a minute.
- Mix Schezwan Sauce and Sugar in Water and add it to pan. Bring to boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add Cottage cheese and Cornflour mixed in water (to thicken sauce) and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add Salt and adjust seasoning and simmer for 1 more minute.
- Garnish with spring onion and Serve Hot with stir fried noodles or rice.
- To make paneer soft and juicy after frying take it out in ice cold water immediately after frying.
- You can also buy Schezwan Sauce from market but nothing can beat home made Sauce so try making it at home i’ll share recpie soon.
- If you want to make dry Paneer Schezwan then add 1/2 cup of water and simmer for little more time till water dries away.
- Substitute Cottage Cheese with Prawns or boneless Chicken Breast to make different version of this recpie.