Everyone loves Momos (Steamed Dumplings) with spicy Red Chili Garlic chutney is what I absolutely carve for. And as i belong to Northern part on India and we North Indians love to give every recipe our own spicy touch in everything because something which is without lots of spice is like food for the sick persons, so I prepared a Spicy version of Momos to satisfy our craving for spicy food.
- 250 gms Steamed Momos(10-12 pcs)
for the marinade
- 200 gms Hung Curd or Thick Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Carom Seeds (Ajwain)
- 1-2 tsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds Powder (Jeera)
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder (Dhaniya)
- ½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp dry Mango Powder (Amchur)
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- ½ tsp Black Pepper Powder (optional)
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp Oil or Clarified Butter (Ghee) or Butter for brushing
- Rock Salt or Black Salt
- 1-2 Tbsp Gram Flour (Besan)
- In a large bowl, take the Curd and whisk it till it becomes smooth.
- Add all other ingredients of marinade to curd. And mix very well.
- Add the Momos to the Marinade.
- Marinate for 1-1 ½ hours or more in the refrigerator.
- Take out after 2 hours and bring the marinated Momos at Room Temperature.
- Skewer the Momos on Skewers or Tooth Picks. Another method if you don’t have skewer is to brush oil on a convection safe non-stick tawa and place Momos on it.
- Pre-heat the oven for 4-5 minutes at 180 degree celsius.
- Bake the momo tikka for 20-25 minutes at 180 degree celsius. If skewer in your oven doesn’t rotate then after 10 remove the skewers, and turn the skewers. brush some more oil.
- Arrange the Momo Tikka on a plate. sprinkle some chaat masala.
- Serve Hot with Red Chilli Garlic Chutney or Mint Chutney if you don’t want to eat too much spice.
- Be careful while handling steamed Momos as they tend to break very easily
- If your marinade gets liquidy then add more besan as thin layer of marinade would easily slip off the momos and it’ll also make them soggy.
- This recipe is very spicy so if you want you can adjust amount of chilli powder according to your taste.