Dahi kabab is a special recipe belonging to awadh. Savoring taste of hung curd having light spices.
- 1 cup Hung Curd (or Greek Yogurt)
- 2-3 Tbsp Gram Flour (Besan)
- Onion chopped 1 medium
- 1 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 2-3 Green chillies chopped
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- ½ Tbsp Dry fenugreek leaves (Kasuri Methi)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped 2 tablespoons
- 1-2 slices of Bread
- To make Dahi Kebeb you need to prepare Hung Curd or you can also use Greek Yogurt that is thick and free from whey. To make the Hung Curd at home, pour the Yogurt in a Muslin or Cheese Cloth. Tie the edges of the cloth and hang it over the kitchen sink for at least 2 hrs.
- Once the Hung Curd is prepared, transfer the yogurt to a large mixing bowl and stir in the remaining ingredients with 2 tsp Oil.
- Now you can finally cook this recipe in three ways. I’m telling you all three ways:-
- Heat sufficient oil in a wok and deep fry the kebabs till golden brown in color.
- Preheat a cast iron skillet (or Frying pan) on medium heat. Place the kebabs onto the skillet. Drizzle oil and cook them on medium heat, flipping them over a couple of times, until it turns golden brown.
- Brush the kebabs with little amount of oil and place on a baking tray. Cook for around 5-6 minutes at 200 degree Celsius in a pre heated oven. Turn them around brush a little oil and coo again for 4-5 minutes or until they get a golden brown color.
- Serve Hot with Mint Chutney or with Tomato and Green Chilli Sauce.
- Kebabs are delicate so apply little water on your palm to avoid breaking kebebs an give them a smooth texture.
- You can also add finely chopped cashew and almond to give extra richness.