The classic Chocolate Chip Cashew Cookies made Eggless to suit your eating habits. They have a cake like soft texture and a bit of chewiness. They are slightly crisp from out and soft from the center.
- 1 cup Refined flour or Whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 5 Tbsp softened Butter
- 6 Tbsp powdered Sugar
- ½ Tbsp Coco Powder
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract or Vanilla Essence
- 4 Tbsp Choco Chip
- 2 Tbsp chopped Cashew
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- Combine Refined or Whole Wheat flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and Coco Powder in a bowl and keep aside.
- In another bowl combine Butter and Sugar and whisk well till no lumps remain.
- Add Vanilla Extract or Essence, Choco Chip, Cashew and Milk and mix well.
- Now add the flour mixture and mix well to form a dough. Don’t add Water.
- Divide into portions and shape them with your hand as you cannot roll it.
- Place cookies on a greased baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes at 180 degree celsius in a pre-heated oven.
- Place on a wire rack to cool down to room temperature.
- Serve it with a hot cup of Milk, Tea or Coffee. You can store remaining cookies in an air-tight container.
- Using Refined flour and Whole Wheat flour doesn’t makes any difference in taste, but Whole Wheat version is definitely more healthy.
- Whenever you make any cake or cookie always sieve the flour mixture two or three times it helps in making your recipe good.
- My suggestion is to double the quantities because it will definitely not last for more than 1 or 2 days.