A good party snack that’s quite easy to make.
- 5-6 slices of white bread or brown bread or multi grain bread
- 2 medium sized Potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- ½ tsp dry Mango Powder
- ½ tsp crushed Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp red Chilli Powder
- 1 chopped Green Chilli
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala powder
- ¼ tsp Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Chaat Masala
- 2 to 3 tsp chopped Coriander Leaves
- salt as required
- Add the mashed and boiled Potatoes, dry Mango Powder, crushed Black Pepper, Red Chili Powder, chopped Green Chilies, Coriander leaves, Garam Masala Powder, Cumin Powder and Chaat Masala Powder and Salt. Mix well.
- Make small to medium rolls of the filling depending on the size of the bread.
- Take a slice of Bread and dampen it with water, squeeze the water from the bread.
- Place the filling in the centre of the bread, roll the bread and close the edges to get an even outer covering.
- Make all Bread Rolls this way and keep inside refrigerator for 25-30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry bread rolls until golden brown and crisp, drain excess oil on kitchen paper tissue. OR YOU CAN BAKE IT
- For baking place on a baking tray. Lightly brush some Oil on the rolls. don’t brush too much oil as the bread absorbs a lot of oil. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees celsius for 10 to 12 minutes or till the bread rolls become golden and crisp.
- Serve hot with Tomato Sauce or Green Chutney.
- If making for children, then skip the green chilies and red chili powder.
- Make rolls with light hands because soaked bread breaks easily.