Onion Fritters/Onion Pakora/Kanda Bhajiya whatever you call it if you want to enjoy Monsoon evenings or Chilly winter days or to entertain guests, Onion Fritters accompanied with a cup of hot Tea or your favourite chutney is always a thumbs up and always a reason to skip your diet. Simple and quick recipe with just few ingredients. I even tried making it healthy without frying it but nothing can beat original recipe.
- 3 medium sliced Onion
- ½ cup Gram Flour
- ¼ cup Rice Flour
- 1 tsp grated Ginger
- 1 tsp Tumeric Powder
- a pinch of Asateofedia
- some Coriander leaves
- 1 tsp Carom seeds
- Oil for frying
- Water as required
- In a large bowl add Gram Flour, Rice Flour, Ginger, Asateofedia, Coriander Leaves, Carom seeds and Tumeric Powder. Mix well. Then add sliced Onions and water and make it into a thick batter.
- Heat Oil in a wok, pour batter into hot oil using a spoon and fry them for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Take out and drain excess oil on a kitchen tissue paper.
- Sprinkle some Chat masala and serve hot with a cup of Tea and chutney or sauce of your choice.
- Adding Rice flour gives fritters a crunch so if you don’t have you can avoid using it.
- Be careful while dropping batter in hot oil as it might splash.
- Don’t add too much batter in oil as fritters might stick together.