Paneer Tikka my favourite starter. This recipe uses hung curd or sour cream with some spices a quick, simple and delicious paneer tikka recipe. Make it in Tandoor or tawa or microwave(I’ll tell you how to prepare in all three of them) it tastes delicious in every version.
- 1 cup cubed Paneer(Cottage cheese)
- 1 large diced Capsicum(any colour you cal also use all three of them)
- 1 large diced Onion
- Chat masala as required
- ¾ cup hung Curd or thick Curd or Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste or crushed Ginger Garlic
- 1 tsp Carom seeds(Ajwain)
- 1 to 2 tsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder(Haldi)
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder(Jeera powder)
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder(Dhaniya powder)
- ½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp dry Mango Powder(Amchur powder)
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- ½ tsp Black Pepper Powder (optional)
- juice of half Lemon
- Rock salt or black salt as per taste
- 1-2 Oil or Ghee(Clarified Butter) for brushing
- 1 Tbsp Gram Flour
- In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients of marinade.
- Add Paneer cubes and diced veggies in the marinade and marinate well. Keep inside refrigerator for about 1- 1½ hours.
- After taking it out of refrigerator let it come to Room Temperature.
- In oven- Place marinated veggies and paneer on a baking tray and bake for 7-8 minutes at 200 degree celsius in a pre-heated oven. Turn and bake for more 5-6 minutes.
- In tandoor- Put everything on skewers and grill in tandoor until golden brown.
- On Tawa- Place veggies and paneer on a heated non-stick tawa with little oil and grill till golden brown from all sides.
- Sprinkle Chat masala over it and serve hot.
- Use light hands while marinating as paneer pieces might break.
- If you are using skewers then soak them in water for 15-20 minutes before using.
- If you are in a hurry you can also marinate for 15-20 minutes only.