Pani Puri or Golgappe or Puchka whatever you say it. This is one of the most favourite snack of Indians you would barely find anyone who says that they don’t like Pani Puri. This is the reason why we have 11 different names of this one recipe.
- 25-30 Puris
- 1 cup Sweet Tamarind chutney
- boiled White Chickpeas or Potato or you can use a mixture of both(check tips for more combination of stuffing)
- 1 medium chopped Onion
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Coriander
- Black salt as per taste
- 1 Tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1 Tbsp Chaat Masala
- a pinch of Red Chilli Powder(optional)
- 1-2 Tbsp tiny Gram Flour balls(Boondi)
- 1-2 Tbsp Sev
- ½ cup chopped Mint leaves
- ½ cup chopped Coriander leaves
- ½ cup pulp of boiled Raw Mango
- 1-2 chopped Green Chilli
- 1 Tbsp Tamarind Paste
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 3 cups Water(add more or less water according to consistency you want)
- Black Salt as per taste
- 2-3 Tbsp tiny Gram Flour balls(Boondi)
- In a bowl add all the ingredients of stuffing except boondi. Mix well and kep aside.
Method to make Water
- In a blender add all the ingredients and blend into a fine paste using very little water.
- Take out the chutney in a large bowl add Water. Mix well. Adjust seasoning, you can add more or less water according to taste and thickness you like.
- Add Boondi to Water.
- Keep it in refrigerator for 2-3 hours to chill. Or you can add ice to it or use cold water in above step.
- Crack the top of the puri making a hole in it.
- Add 2-3 tsp of prepared Stuffing with Boondi and Sev.
- Stir the water well and fill into the puri.
- Serve immediately.
- Other stuffing combination 1. Sprouts 2.Onions 3.Black Chickpeas 4.Yellow dried peas 5. Ragda
- To make Water more spicy add 1 more green chilli.
- If you have some broken puris then you can also add it in stuffing.