After many failed attempts, finally made this Garlic Baguette, a chewy interior riddled with holes, and a crisp, deep-gold crust.
- 1 cup Water
- 2½ cup Bread Flour
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1½ Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Confit
- Stir together all ingredients in a large bowl. Gently knead everything together till a soft and elastic dough is formed. Mix Garlic Confit.
- Leave it to rest until doubled in size. (gently press finger into dought. If an indentation remains, the dough has risen enough).
- Punch dough down, roll on a floured surface into 10-inch rope, slightly tapered at ends. Place it on a lined baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 230°C (450F) untilbrowned on bottom and sounds hollow (approx. 20 minutes).
Savour the taste of true Italian flavours with this easy pasta recipe in its silky, smooth and aromatic sauce made from Butter, Milk and Refined Flour.
Time – 20-25 Minutes
Serves – 4
- 400 gm boiled pasta Fusilli (you may use any hollow pasta of your choice)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4 Cloves grated Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Refined Flour or 2 tsp corn flour
- 1-1/2 Cup cold Milk
- 1 cup boiled Frozen Sweet corn (boiled)
- 2 pinches Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Thyme
- Salt as per taste
- 1 medium grated Cheese Cube
- 2-3 Olives
- Few sprigs of Fresh Parsley
- Grated Parmesan Cheese for garnish
- Put a pan on low flame and heat Butter in it. While the butter is melting, add the grated Garlic in it and saute for a minute.
- Now, add Refined Flour or Corn Flour in the pan and saute till the flour is mixed well with the garlic.
- Now add Milk in the pan and stir it continuously to avoid any lumps. Bring the mixture to a boil
- Now add Oregano, Thyme, Paprika, Black Pepper Powder along with Salt in it and mix well. Add the grated cheese into the thick mixture and let it rest for a few seconds.
- Now add Sweet Corn and Pasta. Mix all ingredients well.
- While serving garnish with grated Parmesan cheese, Parsley and sliced Olives. You may also add a few drops of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on top.
- Stir in an equal amount of flour and cook the mixture for just 20-30 seconds.
- Stir in milk, a little at a time, making sure to stir well so that no lumps form.
Try this easy and sumptuous, wholesome egg and potato salad recipe. Very easy recipe with easily available ingreients. Time – 15 minutes Serves – 2
- 2 nos medium sized Boiled Potato
- 4 nos boiled Egg
- 2-3 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/4th Onion chopped
- 8-10 Raisin
- 10gm Celery
- Salt to taste
- Crushed Black Pepper to taste
- 2-3 Cherry Tomatoes
- Add everything in a large bowl, toss well.
- Check seasoning, chill and serve.
Cashews cooked in a creamy Onion-Tomato based curry. Perfect recipe for festivals and special occasions.
- 1½ cup chopped Tomatoes
- ½ cup Water
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 18-20 Cashews
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Cardamom
- 2 Cloves
- ½ cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1-2 Green Chillies
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- ¼ cup Water
- 3 Tbsp Cream
- ¼ tsp Sugar
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves as required
- Salt as required
- Sauté Cashew till light golden and keep aside.
- Heat Oil in a pan add Bay Leaf, Cloves and Cardamom. Sauté.
- Add Tomato and simmer till soften.
- Cool down this mixture and blend into a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Grind Cashews.
- Heat Oil in a pan add Ginger-Garlic paste sauté for 30 seconds now add Onion and sauté till translucent.
- Add cashew powder till they turn golden brown.
- Add Tomato puree and Green chilli simmer on low flame.
- Add Red Chilli powder and stir.
- Add ¼ cup of Water and ½ cup of Coconut Milk. Bring to boil.
- Add sautéd Cashews and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add Garam Masala, Cream, Salt, Sugar and dried Fenugreek leaves. Mix well.
- Serve hot with steamed Rice or Naan or Parathan’s.
Refreshing sorbet recipe for killing summers with cooling effect of rose.
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Rose Water
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1-2 Tbsp Rooh Afza
- 1-2 edible Rose Flower
- 2-3 Tsp Sugar/Honey or as required
- Mix Sugar/Honey and water. Add Rose petals into it and boil vigorously until water is half of initial volume.
- Now add Rose water, Lemon Juice and Rooh Afza.
- Cool down the mixture. Freeze it and at every one hour take out and churn well. Do this for 6-7 times till a smooth sorbet texture is made.
- Serve chilled garnished with mint leaves.