Cashews cooked in a creamy Onion-Tomato based curry. Perfect recipe for festivals and special occasions.
- 1½ cup chopped Tomatoes
- ½ cup Water
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 18-20 Cashews
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Cardamom
- 2 Cloves
- ½ cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1-2 Green Chillies
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- ¼ cup Water
- 3 Tbsp Cream
- ¼ tsp Sugar
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves as required
- Salt as required
- Sauté Cashew till light golden and keep aside.
- Heat Oil in a pan add Bay Leaf, Cloves and Cardamom. Sauté.
- Add Tomato and simmer till soften.
- Cool down this mixture and blend into a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Grind Cashews.
- Heat Oil in a pan add Ginger-Garlic paste sauté for 30 seconds now add Onion and sauté till translucent.
- Add cashew powder till they turn golden brown.
- Add Tomato puree and Green chilli simmer on low flame.
- Add Red Chilli powder and stir.
- Add ¼ cup of Water and ½ cup of Coconut Milk. Bring to boil.
- Add sautéd Cashews and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add Garam Masala, Cream, Salt, Sugar and dried Fenugreek leaves. Mix well.
- Serve hot with steamed Rice or Naan or Parathan’s.
The classic Chocolate Chip Cashew Cookies made Eggless to suit your eating habits. They have a cake like soft texture and a bit of chewiness. They are slightly crisp from out and soft from the center.
- 1 cup Refined flour or Whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 5 Tbsp softened Butter
- 6 Tbsp powdered Sugar
- ½ Tbsp Coco Powder
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract or Vanilla Essence
- 4 Tbsp Choco Chip
- 2 Tbsp chopped Cashew
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- Combine Refined or Whole Wheat flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and Coco Powder in a bowl and keep aside.
- In another bowl combine Butter and Sugar and whisk well till no lumps remain.
- Add Vanilla Extract or Essence, Choco Chip, Cashew and Milk and mix well.
- Now add the flour mixture and mix well to form a dough. Don’t add Water.
- Divide into portions and shape them with your hand as you cannot roll it.
- Place cookies on a greased baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes at 180 degree celsius in a pre-heated oven.
- Place on a wire rack to cool down to room temperature.
- Serve it with a hot cup of Milk, Tea or Coffee. You can store remaining cookies in an air-tight container.
- Using Refined flour and Whole Wheat flour doesn’t makes any difference in taste, but Whole Wheat version is definitely more healthy.
- Whenever you make any cake or cookie always sieve the flour mixture two or three times it helps in making your recipe good.
- My suggestion is to double the quantities because it will definitely not last for more than 1 or 2 days.