Cashews cooked in a creamy Onion-Tomato based curry. Perfect recipe for festivals and special occasions.
- 1 cup Cashew
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1½ cup chopped Tomatoes
- ½ cup Water
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 18-20 Cashews
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Cardamom
- 2 Cloves
- ½ cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1-2 Green Chillies
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- ¼ cup Water
- 3 Tbsp Cream
- ¼ tsp Sugar
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves as required
- Salt as required
- Sauté Cashew till light golden and keep aside.
- Heat Oil in a pan add Bay Leaf, Cloves and Cardamom. Sauté.
- Add Tomato and simmer till soften.
- Cool down this mixture and blend into a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Grind Cashews.
- Heat Oil in a pan add Ginger-Garlic paste sauté for 30 seconds now add Onion and sauté till translucent.
- Add cashew powder till they turn golden brown.
- Add Tomato puree and Green chilli simmer on low flame.
- Add Red Chilli powder and stir.
- Add ¼ cup of Water and ½ cup of Coconut Milk. Bring to boil.
- Add sautéd Cashews and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add Garam Masala, Cream, Salt, Sugar and dried Fenugreek leaves. Mix well.
- Serve hot with steamed Rice or Naan or Parathan’s.